About Rio 2012
The world is facing a mounting crisis. In recent years we have experienced a combination of a global financial crisis, a food crisis, volatile oil prices, accelerating ecosystem degradation and an increasing number of climate-induced extreme weather events. These multiple and inter-related crises call into question the ability of a growing human population to live peacefully and sustainably on this planet, and demand the urgent attention governments and citizens around the world.
Earth Summit 2012 will be the fourth Summit of its kind and represents another milestone in ongoing international efforts to accelerate progress towards achieving sustainable development globally.
- Aged 18 – 35
- Singapore Citizen or PR
- Team Player
- Positive and presentable attitude
- Sufficient experience in working with local community
- Committed from now till the conference for team building, local strategy participation, and fund raising for the team
- Committed to be at the conference throughout
- Take on leadership roles both within the team and other position leading towards Rio 2012
- Would be an advantage with prior overseas experience representing country at conferences
- Full CV with a picture of you and contact details
- Fully filled up online form: http://goo.gl/G9HtA
- Essay on the following topic below (1000 words max)
Please send in one email to email@example.com with your CV and Essay that should be saved in the following format
- For CV — firstname_lastname_CV
- For Essay — firstname_lastname_essaytopic
- Rio 2012 and relevance to Singapore. Does it matter?
- Asia and its green economy: Can Asia take the lead?
- Institution Framework on Sustainable Development: Where do we go?
DEADLINE (Extended): 15th January 2012 23:59H (GMT +8 Hours)